What are the Quality Management Principles?
There are basically eight quality management principles on which the quality management system standards of ISO 9000 are based. These principles can be used by any business as a guide or framework towards implementing a QMS.
The principles are derived from the collective experience of the ISO Technical Committee, which is responsible for developing and maintaining the ISO 9000 standards. The eight quality management principles are defined in ISO 9000:2005, Quality management systems – Fundamentals and Vocabulary, and in ISO 9004:2009, Managing for the Sustained Success of an Organization – A Quality Management Approach.
Over time we’ll add more articles on our site to individually discuss these principles in detail. We’ll also be uploading some business tools to download that will help you get started.
Top 8 Principles of a Quality Management System
- Principle 1 – Customer focus
- Principle 2 – Leadership
- Principle 3 – Involvement of people
- Principle 4 – Process approach
- Principle 5 – System approach to management
- Principle 6 – Continual improvement
- Principle 7 – Factual approach to decision making
- Principle 8 – Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
For more information on QMS, where to start and how to implement, speak to one of our consultants.