- Can you consistently commit to quality products and services at all times?
- How can you eliminate quality defects, remakes and wasted time?
- How can you create user-friendly procedures to help standardise your processes?
Why Quality Management Systems?
It’s more than just a documentation and auditing exercise for compliance purposes.
- Do you need to increase confidence on the quality of your products or services as it gets delivered to your customer? Increase DIFOT (Delivery In Full and On Time) by >10% and achieve a specification accuracy of >99%.
- Do you need more standardisation of procedures to ensure repeatability and efficient training with all staff? Increase productivity of tasks by at least 20% and increase the level of skills of your workforce by around 10%
- Are roles and responsibilities clear and agreed by all?
- Do you have a factual and systematic approach in every decision-making?
- Are problems fixed forever? Reduce your quality defects by more than half and inspection activities by >20% which can be non-value adding.
- Do you need to eliminate wastes in reworking, remaking, looking for information, wondering what the standard procedures are? Save up to 25% of your employee’s time performing non-value adding tasks.
- Do you need to ensure that any improvements you have made are sustained well?
|YOUR END GOAL is to maintain and increase Customer Satisfaction which should lead into further growth of your company. By having an effective Quality Management System, you could decrease customer complaints/issues/returns by more than 50% and increase sales by at least 10%.|
What is a Quality Management System?
- An assurance and commitment to your customers that your entire organisation manages QUALITY effectively and efficiently, at all times
- To ensure it aligns with an international standard, you can also apply for certification to ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems Standard which your customers and suppliers would recognise
- Your core processes defined, agreed by and transparent to all
- User-friendly set of documented procedures and work instructions used in the day-to-day operations by all staff
- Controlled and practical record keeping
- Builds a customer-focused mindset (internal and external customers)
- Improves supplier relationships and their performance
- Creates better leadership and accountability
- Increases people’s involvement and engagement
- Manages issues and non-conformances in a non-biased approach using root cause analysis
- Manages business and operational risks effectively
- Creates a systems-approach to managing processes and activities
- Creates a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Ensures discipline in documents and records control
- Are your customers asking for a certification? Do your tenders and quotations need certain information about how you manage Quality?
- As you implement an effective and practical Quality Management System, you can get certified to ISO9001 – Quality Management Systems Standard by an external (3rd party) auditor.
What will this complement?
- Do you already have or need an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSAS18001) to integrate with?
- Do you already have or need an Environmental Management System (ISO14001) to integrate with?
- Have you been implementing LEAN and DMAIC projects and need to standardise and embed all the improvements?
- Have you just implemented an ERP system or any new equipment and need to ensure you sustain the processes?
What’s involved in Developing a Quality Management System?
- Understand and assess current processes and procedures (use any existing documents). Get a core team and key stakeholders involved.
- Gather information and data – Interview key people, observe tasks/processes
- Plan – Set objectives, milestones and an action plan (list of tasks, resources, timing)
- Implement all the actions. Incorporate any improvement opportunities.
- Document a Quality manual, business processes, procedures, work instructions, forms, were required
- Train and run awareness sessions for all relevant staff
- Verify and check processes through self-assessments and audits (go back to step 4 as required)
How can we help you?
We can help you achieve all of the above steps in the form of:
- Project Management
- Information and Data Gathering
- Document writing
- Improvement identification
- Training and Coaching
- Internal Auditing
We will tailor to your needs – we can either do the work for you, coach you on how to do it, or a combination of both. Ask us about government-funded services.