What are the typical issues you face in your business or organisation?
Here are the Top 7 questions you could ask yourselves if you need a Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO 9001.
1. Do we need to increase confidence in the quality of my goods or services as they get delivered to our customer? Increase DIFOT (Delivery In Full and On Time) by >10% and achieve a specification accuracy of >99%. This is a very measurable KPI that you could prove to your customers.
2. Do we need more standardisation of procedures to ensure repeatability and efficient training with all staff? Often it’s the lack of very basic processes that makes your business very inefficient. Increase productivity of tasks by at least 20% and increase the level of skills by around 10%.
3. Are roles and responsibilities clear and agreed by all employees? This is beyond writing job descriptions but ensuring role clarity and that each tasks are adding value to the organisation.
4. Do we have a factual and systematic approach in every decision-making? Or are you just flying blind?
5. Are problems fixed forever? Reduce quality defects by more than half and inspection activities by >20% which can be non-value adding.
6. Do we need to eliminate wastes in reworking, remaking, looking for information, wondering what the standard procedures are? Save up to 25% of employee’s time performing non-value adding tasks.
7. Do we need to ensure that any improvements we have made are sustained well? This is often the failure of many organisations.
These questions will help you find out how a Quality Management System (QMS) could help improve your business. Be very clear that obtaining QMS is not just for compliance purposes. By implementing an effective and working System, will not only give you assurance to your customers but also business efficiency and performance improvement!
For more information or free tools that you might find useful, click here.